Laura E. HemmerAREAS OF PRACTICE
Education, Higher Education, Labor and EmploymentCONTACT INFORMATION
Laura E. Hemmer practices primarily in the areas of education law and labor and employment. She represents public entities with respect to employment and termination matters, special education issues, student discipline and student rights, civil rights and church/state issues. She has also represented private and public employers through all stages of litigation and appeal in state and federal courts. During law school, Laura served as a legal intern with the United States Attorney’s Office and the Missouri Attorney General’s Office. EDUCATIONJ.D., Washington University School of Law, 2006
B.A., Washington University, 2003
- Illinois State Bar Association, Education Law Section CLE, February 2008. Represented school district’s perspective on panel “Student Safety and Student’s Rights"
- Lorman Education Services, "Discipline of the Special Needs Student"
- Lutheran Principal’s Association of Missouri
- Not-for-Profit Center operated by the St. Louis Public Library and UM-SL
- The Illinois State Bar Association
- The Missouri Bar
- Illinois Council of School Attorneys
- Missouri CSA
- Grant 110 Educational Foundation Board of Directors